View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4187170)   #13
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Taxi, Oh I understand completely and I also believe that you initially said it would be cheaper, but the reality is that it will cost the teams, for little or no benefit, at least double what they are currently paying for the teams. There is no upside to that, and in fact it will possibly make it more difficult for the teams because thy will probably need to make considerable setup changes when changing between the two tyre suppliers.

Feedback from the, at least, twenty tyre technicians plus the truckies and other personnel involved in attending the races will not take 3 or 4 months, minimum, to provide feedback. But if the manufacturers value them, they will in reality have to keep paying them whilst they were not attending race meetings. Plus of course, the 2nd tyre suppliers would also be required to purchase and fit out a new fleet of trucks to service the teams' requirements.

I really see no upside to this idea.