View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2000, 18:24 (Ref:32959)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome, loxy.
I'm an American who has been an avid F1 fan for nearly thirty years. What has always appealled to me is the melange glamour,romance tradition and history, and superlative technology. It is a fascinating mix, and it grieves me that there isn't a strong American presence in the sport-I dearly hope this will change in the future.

A recent thread on this forum discussed the appeal of F1, I've posted a link to it below. I think the various opinions of the members of this forum are clearly delineated here.

As far as what a fan can expect on race day-I suspect that many will disappointed by the distance kept between them and the Teams-and I think this needs to change.
The F1 cars will seem slower on the oval, as they will be accelerating out of the infield into the first turn on the oval. I think the rate at which the cars accelerate will stun fans at Indy. In addition, the cars are LOUD-a high pitched piercing and painful scream-bring ear plugs. I went to Montreal this year for my first F1 race in 2o years, I could not believe how much

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3150