View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2001, 19:00 (Ref:147988)   #16
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it were done right it could be powerful. I share the concerns expressed by Neil C and EERO. With Hollywood doing it, the project will be distorted to protect the bottom line.

You would get an alternative ending picked by audiences, a hokey love interest taking up half or more of the movie, cars that weren't the 1994 F1 cars, special effects up the ying-yang, a lousy script, misconceived characterization, you name it.

In a special done on Driven, Stallone explained how there was zero interest on the part of the Hollywood moguls to do a racing movie, and how he fought like mad to get it done. His partner who actually made the movie (name?) explained that he had always wanted to do an open-wheel racing movie, but the project had to pay, and so he had to put in all the ingredients (that ruined the movie is the sub-text) in order to get it done.

As a young man I loved the music of Buddy Holly. Hollywood made the Buddy Holly Story. I'd really hate to see them get their mitts on Ayrton Senna.