View Single Post
Old 15 May 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3074990)   #304
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Rast View Post
I hope the Team SRT Viper will go to race Le Mans in 2013. It would be a shame for them not to. Imagine... Aston Martin vs. Corvette vs. Viper.

Anyway, I heard Status GP was going to race at Spa but crashed heavily during practice. Kind of the Toyota thing all over again... oh well, that kind of ruins it for them in Le Mans anyway, because they don't have any real endurance testing. Plus they're on the reserve list.
Don't think you'll find many complaints about Viper turning up. Apart from the BoP crowd maybe who won't be at the race.

As for Status they aren't on the reserve list anymore they are in the race. The crash was a blow but I think they will be quick and I don't see much reason why a relatively proven package couldn't last 24 hours. It's not the same as the Toyota development in that sense.

The biggest blow is in terms of seat-time and LMP familiarisation for the drivers.