View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3390773)   #43
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Here is an explanation why the Mercs are so strong....and will continue to be the team of the races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuBB2F6IutQ
Something doesn't quite make ense in that video (probalby just me). Towards the end, MB talks about moving the very hot compressor to the front of the car. I always thought it was the turbine that was hot, being in the exhaust flow. Admittedly compressing air does create heat, but not as much as the heat as in the turbine. The statement also contradicts the original premise that moving the compressor to the front means less heat and less intercooler needs.

Clearly, with the compressor at the front, they do have lots more scope for a compact rear end, which is what he was getting at. It just the statement 'very hot compressor' that seems odd.

Or have I completely misunderstood (it has happened before)?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.