View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3391000)   #47
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I agree with what you're saying regarding the heat, but the principle still makes sense - in fact, it makes more sense having the hot bit at the back, separated from the part you want to keep cool, in the inlet tract, at the front.

I'm sure it will be in the 'V' of the engine and be 'dry' from lubrication, other than lubricating the bearings of the shaft. I don't see any advantage to immersing it in the block, or trying to spin it up with oil pressure. That is already doing a very important job and you'd want to keep as little additional heat from the oil as possible while trying to moderate core engine temperatures.
I agree the principle is fine (very good in fact!), it's just the video at that point appears to be incorrect.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.