View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2007, 03:10 (Ref:2073939)   #40
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I guess you guys don't keep up on battery technology.

Racing will improve the breed for battery technology, you need to have the INVESTMENT that can not me made in the private sector by a couple of "smart people" Smart people make other people money, they usually are BOOK smart, not street savvy which makes the point, when was the last time you saw a Scientist make 6 digits? Doesn't happen, not to often anyway.

Visit 123 Systems and check out the battery technology that will be going into the Chevy Volt, 2nd gen Toyota Priuis and I am sure a few other cars.

First it was knocking E85, E10, E100, pull your heads out of the sand. This is the ONLY place that will see future technology that you will see in your future car purchases.

Look I am just as high performance as anybody else that loves cars, but I am also a tech geek and that makes it fun.

About Courage, hmmm does Yves have a 7 post shaker rig? How could he have known his chassis was flimisy by HPD standards?

He couldn't have, he also doesn't have the budget to use a full scale wind tunnel either.

Now you can understand why Miracle struggled when the competition got tough... No budget to develop...

For Courage more often than not they got engine deals and it was just for engines, not additional chassis development.

For Yves and now Ocrea, you hope whatever HPD learned about the car has filtered down to them.