View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2007, 10:25 (Ref:2074593)   #46
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall any mention that the car will be 'all Acura'. Just that the ARX-01b is the improved version of the ARX-01a (which leads me to think its an update chassis still based on the Courage tub). If they have an all new car, then like canam mentioned, wouldn't they need to submit it to the ACO for crash testing?
They would have to have it crash tested etc.

It seems that this element (tub and crash structure) will be left to the time when they construct a P1 car...which makes sense. The tub will be designed with the engine configuration in mind and will be integral to the whole design. Courage and others are more generic in that several engine installations are possible...although most appear to structure the tub/aero design for normally aspirated engines. The drag factor associated with the additional cooling needs would dramatically affect the overall effectiveness of some of these packages (Courage, Zytek, Creation, Pesca and Lola). It is interesting to note that Courage's attempt at Turbo engines was always affected by cooling issues.