View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2007, 22:17 (Ref:2075417)   #50
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I was referring entirely to the latest P1 car and tub as it was the base for the Acura.

I suspect the tub is pretty good but it is not bespoke (like the Porsche) for the engine installation.

Yves Courage has a great knowledge of Turbos given his experience with Porsche and Nissan. Given the dearth of P1 Turbo motors when the LC70 was conceived, I suspect he had NA in mind in the design process. In P2, there is less power and less heat to deal with so it would have been less of a problem.

I would be interested in hearing your views on 'intercooler design' being the problem not air flow. Chamberlain and Dyson ran AER Turbos within the past two years and they seemed to get sufficient cooling with those massive scoops.
and dyson and chamberlain's speed with the AER motor was evident even with no problems, the LC70 pummeled the lola in terms of speed with the AER motor in.

as it seems are any of the customer cars apart from the lola and courage LC70 now actually built specifically for turbo engines?, from the outset noone seems to want to actually run a turbo engine in a pesca or a zytek but the fact that most of the cars are more set-up for N/A engines may be changed if the manufacturers began to sell their turbo engines ala swiss spirit might prompt more people to run turbo engines.

also why would the tub for the porsche not be bespoke for the porsche V8?, are porsche possibly going to experiment with other engines or possibly sell rolling chassis like lola?

maybe if acura want to get in LMP1 quickly they might just use the LC70 chassis to save having to build a new tub and crash test it like they have done with the ARX-01a but obviously with the P1 courage chassis as a base and acura make the surrounding parts for the car, engine, gearbox, suspension and brakes and aero package.

any more news on acura honda in LMP1 yet?, are they still on course for 2009?