View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2399954)   #14
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had an enormous road accident in my Imp many moons ago, due to the engine seizing while going through an S bend, in Chipstead, Surrey. After rolling up a grass bank and smashing through a wall, I ended up, upside down in someones front garden, 15 feet above the road. Fortunately I walked away from the accident, despite the car ending up V shaped and no-else was involved. Unfortunately, a couple of days later it became clear that I had a back injury, so had to spend one day a week, for six months, on a traction bed.
The "funny" thing was in the front garden of the house next to the one I "landed" in, a guy was polishing his Aston Martin DB5! I've never had anyone offer me so many cups of tea in such a short space of time, I think he needed them more than me.
The car was sent to a scrapheap, a graet shame because we had a lot of good times together and I love seeing the Historic guys racing them.