View Single Post
Old 3 May 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3068738)   #5
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand why he would, for these reasons:

Performance. On the basis of this season so far, moving to Ferrari would be a downgrade. Ferrari have had two difficult seasons (2011 and start of '12) whilst Red Bull has been solid. Webber's enjoyed his strongest start to his season ever at Red Bull this year.

Ricciardo and Vergne, who I both rate highly, I don't believe would be ready to move to Red Bull after just one season. Vettel wasn't. So who would replace him at Red Bull? Lewis Hamilton? But then doesn't that sort of defeat the object of the point of Toro Rosso?

One year deal? Seriously? What's the point? Button admitted when he went to McLaren that it took him a few races to get up to speed, not only in the car, but within the team. On that basis, just a one year deal would be kinda pointless in a way, if you are then going to replace him with another different driver for 2014.

With no disrespect intended to Mark, get Perez in there. He's a guy at the start of his career, rather than at the end of it with Mark, and if you sign him up now you can have a long term partnership between him and Alonso. If teams aren't going to use young drivers from their development programmes, what is the point in having them in the first place?

Can't see it happening really.