View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2005, 00:14 (Ref:1228894)   #24
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
So do you think the tests are an accurate reflection of where the engines are at?

Are you able to give us any ideas on why Toyota and Honda don't like the new forumula and why/how it could be decided upon if they didn't like it?

Thanks.
I think the test were a good indication to Toyota and Chevy just how far Honda was ahead of them.

My impression of Toyota and Hondas feelings about the impending engine rules changes is the fact it may be based on a small block Chevy ( reduced in cubic inches of course ). If you take an alum. purpose built small block, strenghten it to be a stressed member of the drive train, provide for a dry sump exterior oil tank, put a flat front cover on it and keep the cubic inches at around 255 to 270 it would make around 650 to 700 hp. If you make the competitors purchase a basic "kit" with block, crank, rods, heads and pistons for a set sum of money then you can allow them to have different builders build the engine for them but at the same time allow creative engineering in the valve train. I would assume that if they did this Toyota and Honda may not care for this spec.