View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2005, 01:00 (Ref:1228915)   #25
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
So do you think the tests are an accurate reflection of where the engines are at?
Here's some comments from the manufacturers -

Do Toyota, Chevy Still Lag Behind Honda Heading into the IRL Indy Car Season Opener ?

If Honda gets their way this year, they'll be aiming for a perfect season. Despite just losing twice, the first and last race of the 2004 season, Robert Clarke told espn.com, "I guess we could win 17 races instead of 14, which is what our chairman wants us to do. He figures if we can win 14, winning three more can't be that difficult!"

So can Toyota step up, and challenge the Honda teams this season?

It may be hard to say.... Here's what Lee White of Toyota had to say, "Realistically, we won't know where we stand until the checkered flag falls at Homestead on March 6. At this point, it's impossible to judge anything on early testing."

As for Chevy.... We believe anyone would be hard pressed to make a case for a revival.

Kind of goes along with what Team Owner said...

Last edited by GP Racer; 18 Feb 2005 at 01:02.

Danica Patrick