View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3066419)   #6
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
I love the GoPro HD Hero shots, but its not quite what I'm after. The GoPro, like my video camera has a very wide angle lens. That's great for taking pics of youself from close range, or of the machine you're on, but not the sort of shot the longer lens of an SLR can take. Even my own little Olympus point and press is quite wide angle, but its more the sort of perspective I was after. I was thinking of a shot something like the Silverstone start gantry below, but from the middle of the track.

That's interesting Bella. Guess it's not such an original idea... although mine's an open car so whatever I use will probably have to be mounted externally, which may make dealing with the light a little easier. The shot below could even be done when lining up for the starting grid, which might be more stable. Problem with my little Olympus is it doesn't have a remote shutter.

Alternatively something with manual light and focus control might work better. Then it could be set up for specific shots before going on track.

Any more suggestions greatfully received
Attached Thumbnails
P4010032.jpg