View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1588123)   #54
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ns+engineering - bottom of the page there's a note about the Tim Slako Rover.
I have heard the same speculations regarding the TWR Commodores continuing the TWR Vitesses, but that only leaves another question! Where do the seven TWR Jaguar XJS's fit in or the group C Jag's for that matter?
The XJS's were numbered 1-7 while the group C/IMSA cars would be named 186 for the first chassis of 1986 and so on. I does give some sence though if you think of the Rovers and Holdens as official factory commisioned cars, while the official group C/IMSA chassis were build by an outside contractor and finally the XJS's started off as a privateer effort.
Jesper
Jesper
With the Group C cars, I'm sure I've read that some chassis were rebuilt to later specifications (for example from XJR8 TO XJR12), and in some (or all?) cases these were given new chassis numbers. If TWR employed the same principle with the touring cars, could there be more chassis number identities than there are actual cars?