View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2002, 11:50 (Ref:384761)   #7
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant

Having spent four days there just last week for the Grand Am races, I can personally confirm that the owner's money was well spent in renovating this fine circuit. It is a lovely place for racing and from the drivers' reports, is also a fine racecourse from their point of view. My first visit was 22 years ago when my younger son did the Jim Russell school there. The modernization - which was long overdue - includes: (1) Complete repaving, (2) improvements to the pit entrance and exit (These did not effect the actual racing line very much.), (3) New timing and scoring building, (4) Expansion and leveling of the paddock area, (But without cutting most of the shade trees which make it a truly unique paddock.), (5) construction of a new linkage between the old short and long courses, (In theory, two races could now be run at the same time.), and, (6) a 12 foot lowering of the infamous hump on the old long course.

All in all it has been restored very well, but, I fear, will never again host F1 without still further improvements. There is no provision for covered garage space in the pits, no permenant grandstands, and even the expanded paddock area would not support the F1 entourage to name a few problems.

Nonetheless, the race meetings at this time of year can be extremely enjoyable, and there is no lack of really good accomodations available before the ski season arrives. I will personally recommend the Auberge du Coq de Montagne run for 25 years by Nino and Kay. (819) 425-3380 The Italian menu also makes it the favorite of the Ferrari teams when the sportscars are running.