View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3037104)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Joking aside, I wonder if this series actually stands to make some headway this season. GP2 budgets too high, FR3.5 already full up, people dithering about the 2 main F3 series, could be a good option for a season for those drivers who can't raise the budgets elsewhere?
a good high profile season this year would definitely set them up well for next season. that in turn will be a do or die season for gp2. so it's quite an interesting time for big rowdy single seaters.

i suppose you could say there's 3 or 4 drivers who have either been priced out or opted out of fr3.5/gp2 - daniel de jong, quaife-hobbs, pal varhaug, and i guess van der drift and ricci to a point as well. i feel a bit sorry for varhaug, he had a crappy season in gp2 and this seems a really good choice in series to have a recovery drive in, a la grosjean.