Thread: BTCC Capris
View Single Post
Old 27 May 2004, 09:57 (Ref:984892)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

It would be nice if Gordon did go to Spa this year (mine is a sort of homage to the man).

The Capri tends to drag you into its heritage really. It is arguably the most recognisable "touring" car ever made. Yet whenever you mention you "race" a Capri (in my case "plod around") you get one of two reactions. "I had/my Father had one of those" or "You race a Dagenham dustin" followed by guffaws.

Well I was always an MG man (still have an MGB) but I have to say that to get a Capri working properly you need to be a good driver like Dave T, Martin West etc. Which is why I'd like more time in my car. With time I can compete with the others in my class but it takes very little for the "skill" to leave you. So I have great respect for Vince, Gordon, Jeff, Andy et al for making these cars work and giving us such tremendous entertainment.

In the time I've had it, my Capri has provided more smiles per second than any other car I've driven including a short spell in school FFords.

Sorry if a little off topic.