Thread: BTCC Capris
View Single Post
Old 28 May 2004, 13:54 (Ref:986278)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nice couple of pics Simon?!

Think i may have seen your car in it's earlier guise when it was in failry basic spec as roadsaloon circa 90/91/92?

Peter'll probably be able to tell you anyway, but some of the history of the ex Grp 1 cars is sometimes very confusing. Dave Thomas and Ric Wood are well up on who's got what as well i think.

All i know is that Dave has an ex Spice car which Brian Chatfield later owned and a friend of mine, also called Dave, has the ex Woodman car (may well be the one in pic above!) which Ric Wood did a brilliant restoration job on back to 'full' Grp 1 spec.

Dave Cook of CC fame once told me that they built around 25 cars to Grp 1 spec but many of them went to Belgium and France and never came back?

Ric told me that he is planning to rebuild the ex Stuart Graham/Terry Nicholls car which was last run by Graham Waite i think?

With any luck Dave and Ric will come onto this thread and tell us more!

Aynoe else got any history knowledge to help us?