View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1456061)   #62
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Robbie has done a fine job so far in all honesty. He's been a bit rusty and made 1-2 mistakes but come on the job he's done overall in the feature races thus far has been fantastic. He has beaten off some strong opposition who have a season of top level racing behind them. The only reason France are were they are in the main is due to them finding the sweet spot with their car. I don't think in the large part it is a driver issue as I don't believe for one second that Premat/Lapierre are better driver than Robbie, Nelson and Jos for examples.

Putting Alex in the car - well I have two issues here. Firsty, I personally would like to see Alex in the car for a couple of races. This is mainly due to the fact that I've never been convinced of his talent and given a chance in equal machinery and with Robbie as a benchmark then we would begin to see if this guys really any good and it has been a case of in the past his equipment has not been upto it or the situation has just not been right as has been claimed. But putting another driver in the car will surely affect our chances of getting on terms with France? Robbie must now be working on trying to find the sweet spot that suits him and can get him on terms and surely sticking Alex in the car will take us back to square one?