View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2024, 22:35 (Ref:4196758)   #16
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Thanks for the link Jesper!

Some interesting cars in the various photos..

I am sure KA will also like this too!

I think we can have a good guess at the history of some of then.

For example the #11 and #30 635s look like they are in Hartge livery? Could they be ex Voijtek and Enge ETCC cars?

One of them had a BMW skeleton liveried bonnet! A spare sourced from Schnitzer?

The 2 Holdens are familiar, both ran in the'87 WTCC and ETCC at times. They were at the Silverstone TT that year hired by UK and Dutch drivers?
The #11 BMW is Roland Bassaler, and I'm pretty sure you're right about it being an ex-Hartge car. IIRC he was a BMW dealer, and also raced in Group C with one of the early Sauber-BMWs, which he was still entering at Le Mans in the early 90's!.
I'd assumed that #30 for Yvon Tapy (also a BMW dealer I think, who shared the Sauber in a couple of Bassaler's LM outings, 1985 & 86) was the same car, but the photos in the thread Jesper found seem to show both Bassaler's #11 and Tapy's #30 at the October Monthlery round, so maybe they had a pair of Hartge cars between them?. "Bellanger" seems to have been a long-time Bassaler sponsor, also seen on his Group C car.

I'm sure the Holdens were the same Serge Power pair seen in ETCC and WTCC rounds that year- the "Elkron" car usually for Michel Delcourt and Alex Guyaux, and the "Playboy" one for Dutch driver Jeroen Hin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperOH View Post
A tentative entry list for the 1987 championship, based on pictures and notes from the auto.caradisiac-site and not least google translate as well as results from Frank de Jong.
Nice work Jesper, I spent some time going through the picture thread and matching them up with Frank de Jong's results on a spreadsheet last night, and I think we've ended up with the same list!