View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:01 (Ref:778634)   #38
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David thanks for the Reg/Roy bit, crikey was it that long ago? I'll stay away from trains in the future.( O level history was a bit of a struggle too)

Garage wall story came direct from Leif when I spoke to him about a month ago. The son, for whom the car had been bought, died racing in the states so there it remained. What I dont know is where it went after John MacDonald in Hong Kong & before it got to the wall!! Stayed out in SE Asia?
(John MacDonald was at last weekends Macau 50th, he's won more classes there than anyone else)

David I wonder when "Fred Opert brought an ex Rondel car to the States"? because MidAm Formula Atlantic Championship winner for 1980 was Robert Willis, StL, Brabham BT36. www.midiv.org/PDF/MidamChamps.pdf I have no American publications to cross check this to see if BT36 is correct. Also I can not find any other mention of a BT36 in the States either -apart from Ian Hendersons own import and he hasn't heard of one either.
On a more positive note I hope to have another 36 chassis number accounted for very shortly.