View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3378312)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the map's wrong in that they indicate chamois is a green run when in fact it's a red (see the meribel piste map), but i suspect that's artistic licence rather than intentional misinformation.

no idea if that's a recent picture or not, but you'll notice the background and the foreground are "tracked out" and the area between the two pistes is relatively untouched except for the path through the middle. that tells you that the majority choose not to cut the corner and go for the hideous moguls on the left (the bumpy stuff, more visible in the photo f1toy posted before) or the less steep and far less mogully run on the right. people will do insane things for untracked powder, but apparently not that.

i don't mean that as a judgement about anyone involved in the incident at all or an indication of blame or whathaveyou, but again, like my previous posts, just as a bit of background if you're not a mountain user.