View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3064369)   #371
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Take a look at these and then tell me why you think that Rosberg forced Hamilton or Alonso off the track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQurrE15bA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPOn...feature=relmfu

In both cases, Rosberg made one move, and in both cases the following car was either fully behind Rosberg (in the case of Hamilton) or not fully alongside (in the case of Alonso).
I disagree with you Marbot. Rosberg did force him off because Hamilton was making the move at pretty much the same time. He didn't know Hamilton was going for the move, but Hamilton doesn't necessarily know he's doing the dangerous swipe (which I've seen Hamilton do to in the interests of balance; it's something creeping into motorsport more and more.

It's good that we got to read the stewards' official interpretation this time, but I still don't know why we weren't afforded more views of the incident. I thought Hamilton had an onboard camera this weekend (he certainly did on Friday), so why did we not see that viewpoint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Yes, he didn't make more than one move.
It's not a good rule though when drivers are now making one dramatic move instead of two smaller and more predictable and less reckless ones. Two drivers who I always see as fair are Button and Alonso. They generally don't push it too far.

Last edited by Born Racer; 23 Apr 2012 at 16:29.