View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3378965)   #286
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Feliks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feliks, on 09 Nov 2009 - 20:55, said:
That if to fill all unused spaces up on ships with this polystyrene foam, most probably they stood unsinkable .

Thanks to the fact that it wouldn't be possible to sink them,
a lot of people so that it is possible to rescue.
And next
then to the shipyard it would be possible to tow away

Recently I noticed ,that the aircraft would be very useful by the ability to swimming
Two days ago :

BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8347913.stm

tu142 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-142

If such a shortcut poliuretane foam for construction of such parameters:

Specifications specific gravity after hardening 11 - 16 ,3 kg/m3* Base polyurethane Productivity of 825 ml – 66 litres * c 100 mb of the stream about the diameter of 5 2 cm * Pyłosuchość 8 - 10 minutes * Time of processing 15 - 30 minutes * Time of hardening from 5 up to 48 h (full mechanical load capacity) * a free access of air is Necessary. One should not apply foam in rooms closed tightly. Resistance to UV rays weak in outside applications one should shelter the surface of foam from the UV radiation. Structure of cells of c 70 % smoothed, evenly closed cells thermal Resistance after hardening from – 40 ° C to + 90 ° C (short-term to + 140 ° C)

15 bottle give 1 m^3 (1000 litres) cost about 80 $ , this can swimm 1 tones

Tupolew 142 have 80 ton weight 80 x 15 = , need 1200 pieces bottles this foam .

All cost of foam 80 x 80 $= 6400 $.
Whole weight of the foam to allow the total buoyancy such an airplane is 1200 KG
It is only 1% of the total weight of the aircraft.

Wig area is 311 m^2 , 80 m^3/ 312 m^2 = 0,25 m the average amount of surface foam on the inside wings. I think that in this plane is so much unused space.

And such buoyancy of the aircraft would also be found useful for Airbus over the Atlantic, as well as the Boening over Hudson.

Regards Andrew /Quote/

Cam beck..

If my ideas and name were not banished, supposedly in the interests of different groups, it can now this flight Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 would have ended differently .. no but tell me not to fight with the Windmills of Don Quixote .. I think you are the wiser and better knowledge of what to do .. instead of listening what to do .. I wonder if those who are on hand this banning, feel at least some share of responsibility for what happened ...

Andrew

Anyway, but now it comes to airplanes .. According to my old calculations in 1 square meter for the TU 142 to have a buoyancy should be an average of 25 cm of foam .. or on each side of the plate from inside the 12 cm ... It's such a little thicker siding ..

Andrew