View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2340159)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak
Pirenzo, Thats why we have Formula One.. Its all about the cars performance..A1 is more about drivers performance for there country..If you want a faster car you need to look at major changes to the series, as the car will become much more labor intensive.
Really? Perhaps you should tell that to the series organisers of GP2 or Superleague Formula or even Formula Nippon. Both series have cars that are signifcantly faster than the A1 GP machine, and both series do not allow testing in between races, as with A1 GP the cars are put into containers and transported to the next race venue.

The A1 GP organisers could have, and should have in my opinion made it clear to Ferrari that they wanted cars with a good level of performance. A1 GP is trying to attract some of the best talent outside F1, and at the moment it really isnt doing so, where are all the current main series GP2 drivers? Where are the IRL drivers? For me the series isnt attracting the same sort of driving talent now as it was a couple of years ago. I really had high hopes for the new A1 GP car but other than giving the series a slight boost in terms of promotion it doesent really seem to have done much. IMO.