View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3052048)   #1553
James69181
Rookie

James69181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Fair enough, us old retired blokes sometimes forget others have to still work for a living.
Right across the board, from the upper levels of the 12hr entry to the support events, everyone says it is too expensive. The question for the event then is how do they either cut costs to cut entrant costs, or can the work out a way to significantly increase exposure and income for the weekend. The latter should alow some relief to entrants, or at least give them an exposure level to justify sponsorship.
I guess the financials for the meeting are "comercial in confidence" but I would imagine that NSW Events and the Bathurst City Council would have some oversight. Are expenses that high, or is someone making a killing?
By the way @$60-00 for 4nights for a campsite with very well maintained facilities the BCC is providing great value. Congratulations to them.
My view which is worth nothing says cut the price in half for the 12 HOUR and you double the entries. Can't beleive Bathurst Council don't get onto the "promoter" to help the ecomomy in Their town and yes someone is making a killing !