Thread: 2013 Cup Bodies
View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3016465)   #18
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Thanks for clearing up the Commodore/Caprice confusion. Sorry for that. From a marketing perspective, I have no idea why they'd continue with the Impala. They never advertise the Impala, they never sell any Impalas, I'm not even sure why they make it. Plus, it competes with Taurus and Avalon (or at least tries to compete), not so much with Fusion and Camry...

...but I guess if the re-launch of a brand new 2013 Impala is supposed to rejuvenate the car, they may start a big campaign for it. However, that campaign will probably be overshadowed by the one for the new Malibu coming out. I could understand Impala on the old bodies because Malibu would have looked so strange, but now with real lines, I'd give it a change.

Should be seeing the Fusion soon...
I apologize, but I didn't realize the Stateman name has been retired for Caprice. We won't see the Caprice available to the public. The Impala will be a totally new car and available with the turbo-4 in the new Malibu. Fleet sales should help GM attain the fuel mileage standards. Everything I have heard from GM says that they will not be available to the public here. I'm pretty heavy into the US/Holden community.

Here's an article from a while back that may be of interest:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...or_civic_duty/