Thread: 2013 Cup Bodies
View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3017068)   #21
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope some pictures leak from the private test at Homestead. I want to see ALL the cars!

If not, we'll wait for Speedweeks, where the Camry breaks ground. I assume the Charger will follow; Chevrolet has to actually unveil the road-going Impala before they let us see the racing one but if it follows the recent Chevy design language, well, color me less than impressed...

...but that's not the point. NASCAR can't do anything about how the cars entered are designed, all they can do is say how you can make that into a race car, and you know what? They did as good of a job as they could to make that happen! I find this very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I apologize, but I didn't realize the Stateman name has been retired for Caprice. We won't see the Caprice available to the public. The Impala will be a totally new car and available with the turbo-4 in the new Malibu. Fleet sales should help GM attain the fuel mileage standards. Everything I have heard from GM says that they will not be available to the public here. I'm pretty heavy into the US/Holden community.

Here's an article from a while back that may be of interest:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...or_civic_duty/
That car is the most badass American-branded (had to be careful with that one ) thing with four doors I've seen since I was born. So of course they won't sell it to me.