View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2939854)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
By a total fluke I have just written an article for the BMMC South Mids News (about to be published) about this very subject.

Basically, having both done and passed the ARDS test, Nina and I both agree that it is way way too easy. If you look "ARDS test questions" up in Google and then find the Pistons Heads threads you can see how little respect it gets from this perspective.

We believe that not only does it sometimes have a knock on effect on how drivers behave when they come and visit us, it also has an effect on general driving and racing. We have chatted to a lot of club drivers and been amazed at the lack of knowledge about the most fundamental of things. It is not because these guys are in any way stupid, simply becuase they don't know, or haven't been taught, and racing a car, as Nina says, can also isolate you from the big picture.
still think one of the best ideas was a few years back where drivers got extra points for marshalling 1 day a year