Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3484673)   #531
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I really do not understand all of this talk of changing the engines and going back to V8's or V10's.
How/why would/should/could the manufacturers make this change? The regulations for power units were agreed by all concerned ready for the start of this season, but now, just because a certain team hasn't been able to enjoy the domination they've become accustomed to, they're crying & whinging insisting on change.
This would be just as sensible as banning all F1 teams from the championship if their factory wasn't in Milton Keynes!
It's not just the cost of the power units that would be different either. The whole car is designed around the PU, so changing the design of that would also require a complete redesign of the car too.
Instead of all this negativity, all the teams who aren't Mercedes should be devoting their energies into improving their packages so that they are able to compete (and hopefully beat) the team that got it right this year.
And finally, as to what logic there is in allowing Bernie to spout such anti propaganda about the sport/business he supposed to be the head promoter of, I really do not understand this at all unless all his agenda is based on getting himself as many column inches as possible. (I purposefully stopped myself from making a heightist based assumption there!)