Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3485303)   #547
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is to be a strategy group meeting on Thirsday and Bernie says he will propose ditching the current V6's for 1000hp V8's or V10's for 2016. He thinks if he gets 10 vote 6 of his plus 4 teams then he has a majority of the 18 votes.

However I don't think that is possible. The only definite vote he would appear to be Red Bull but that might not happen if Renault have something to say about it.

The others who vote are the FIA who will vote to keep the current engines otherwise their credibilty is completely shot.
Mercedes will vote to retain the current engines.
McLaren are most likely to vote for the current engines as Honda would not be in F1 otherwise.
Williams use Mercedes engines so I would expect them to vote with MB.
Ferrari for me is unknown as to what way the new managment will go.
The last team is either Lotus or Force India (I don't know when the change over happens for the 6th team) both of these teams will use MB engines next year and would expect them to lean towards their engine supplier, also Bernie is unlikely to be on their Christmas card list.

That means that there are only 7 who you would say favour changing the current engines. There are more likely to be at least 9 votes going the other way.
But you never know what will what can happen when Bernie starts to control a meeting.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns29637.html