View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3278566)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I think Cosworth is structured in such a way that F1 probably is not necessary to provide Cosworth's core turnover. KK qwns a large part of it and it probably has developed heaps of other not racing technical turnover plus industry research and development so doesn't need F1 to survive.
Its a nice way to showcase the products though... a venue to invite customers & prospective customers along, to see items of their design being used in anger.

Maybe Cosworth will come back in a few years, with a carmaker's assistance. Is there another Colin Chapman willing to ask Ford to help fund the turbo 1.6 version of the DFV?

Its a good solution for Marussia meanwhile to have the whole drivetrain/transmission/KERS sourced externally, from a top team. Their focus now can be the chassis, the aero & keeping the sponsors amused... and the rest is someone else's worry
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods