Thread: GTE Speculation
View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2992333)   #2
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dented Table View Post
.................Think outside the box here, folks, and come up with some ridiculous ideas. ...........................

What about Jaguar? I think they need to run the 24 hour gauntlet again, except with two cars. An ideal lineup would be...

Paul Gentilozzi / Kenny Wilden / Boris Said
Oriol Servia / Cristiano da Matta / Bruno Junqueira
Jamie Whincup, Craig Lowndes and Warren Luff in a 888, Vodaphone R8 LMS. Lowndes and Luff have had a couple of runs in an R8, and are going around again at the Bathurst 12 hour, next year. Whincup is talking up, a step out of V8SC and looking at other series, sports car racing being one of them.
I hope this fits your criteria. Ridiculous..... yes! Likelihood...hardly!, but the team and those three would make a highly competitive outfit.
On your point about Jaguar..... I hope that a more deserving team would get the opportunity, to run at the LM24, than that joke entry.