View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3664027)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysFeltham View Post

Logically: it is a dynamic rotating mass problem; i.e. wheel, tyre, brake disk and hub.

How long have you owned and driven the car; was the shimmy always there and so excessive?

If not (logic again) what's new? What has changed?

BTW: do you have a tie bar between both upper strut mounts?
Car new built 2014. Only event before this Classic was Goodwood MM 2015, when car just did qualifying. (I broke it after!) Found vibration (Dunlops) when tested before Silverstone. Had wheels balanced, OK on road, and perfect all weekend. Testing after, steering shake apparent. Nothing changed.

Yes, it feels like rotating mass problem. Going to search out somewhere that does on car balance......

No strut brace fitted, shell is seam welded and has all usual gussets etc. Don't use a brace on my Gp2 car either, and never had problems with that.

Tim, the only eyes around on the weekend are mine!