View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2666773)   #21
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If it takes equal time to go round the corner, using either route, then it doesn't matter which route is taken, so there might just as well be one route. Again, if it takes equal time to go round the corner, using either route, the lead car will still remain in the lead as it was the first car to go into the corner and it will be the first car out of the corner, with the second car following.

This will only work for overtaking if one route is faster than the other but then everyone will want to use the faster route.
Very true. What I was thinking of though was that it would increase blocking potential for the car following, by being able to pull out in front of the lead car in the chicane, because my idea was that today cars in F1 can't overtake because of the dirty air generated by the car in front. Overtaking cars are faster than the ones in front, so therefore, if you removed the dirty air, they'd be more likely to pull in front of the car that was originally in front of them.

That was kind of the idea anyway. Whether it would actually work for real - well, the only way to find out would be to try it out in a non-championship race, as someone suggested already.