View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1733451)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I can't help but wonder about the prospect when considering Fieldgate's comments regarding the viability of a Radical P1 car at this stage. But I'm excited for Rollcentre none the less.
Who says it's a Radical?

So many options, I wouldn't rule out a link up with someone like Zytek, or maybe Lola, with Rollcentre assuming a similar role to Dyson, on this side of the pond.

Who knows!

One further point, it does appear as though the current P1 class is retaining the interest of privateers, depsite potential works entries.

Not sure if this is down to the fact customer chassis are now far more capable of challenging for victories, compared to the Lola/Riley/Reynard of the LMP900 days, or whether teams are looking forward to a fantastic looking 'Privateer Cup' battle amongst themselves (ala the 962/Spice battles in Group C), while hoping to snatch the odd win against Audi and Peugeot.

Personally speaking, if I was running a team, I'd feel there was far more credit battling head to head with factory teams, as Pescarolo and Dyson do, claiming the odd win, than dominating against lesser opposition.

But its not my money