View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1734005)   #18
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Given that Shorty claimed he hoped it would be a big surprise and would say more on Thursday it's tempting to wait and see, but hell, speculation never hurt anyone...

To take the given right up front, it's not a Lavaggi.

The Lola and Courage options don't look all that surprising to me. While both are good packages and would be a good fit, I think more people would nod rather than gasp if he announced this as a solution.

I'd see a Creation/KWM as still a possibility, but a touch less likely. The same goes for a Zytek and, less so, a Dome. Inherently, these cars don't exist at the moment and given Rollcentre's experience developing the Radical this year I'd see them go for a constructor that has the proven ability to deliver enough cars.

So. Where does that leave us? Pescarolo would qualify as being genuinely surprising, given some of the "history" such as Bourdais' little incident in 2004. That said, they're undeniably the class of the LMS field at the moment, the car's quick and borderline bulletproof, and Henri's interested in selling chassis. Plumping for this would make me sit up and notice - the archetypal English team running one of France's finest.

And finally, the most leftfield of all - what about an R10?