View Single Post
Old 26 May 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3541590)   #129
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Using Richards list above,

If 1,2 & 3 can be pretty much standardised and homologated I think this could be a big cost reducer. Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and RedBull and and perhaps Williams would probably still make their own, but for someone like a Dallara where perhaps 2 teams approached them building 3 or 4 per team would provide economy of scale I'd hope, to keep them reasonably priced, the current F1 manufacturers could offer to build for sale as well.

So if that became a standardised part, As long as there is sufficient variability for suspension mountings, bodywork mountings different types or styles of nosecone etc that teams can still apply their own aero technology for items 5,6, 7 and 8.
Item 4 the roll over structure tends to be more in fitting with the air intake for the engine, so the engine used might influence this but still hopefully leave space for creativity in that area.

Then for me these would still be individually constructed cars, not customer cars.