View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2349275)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
This forum is dedicated to racing technology so most probably the priority of most people here is looking for opportunities to increase power output from the engine for racing puposes, rather than how to cool exhaust gases for some unproven improvement in emmissions.
I don't wish to take this thread off topic as you are right that we are principally concerned with motorsport. However it isn't unproven, EGR and AdBlue solutions achieve a proven measureable reduction in NOx emissions. Albeit we are prinicipally considering diesel engines here. Non-EGR or non-AdBlue systems do not pass the later Euro emission tests for NOx emissions. Fit EGR (or SCR) system and they do. I refer to generally HCV engines, but they use EGR to reduce NOX emissions.

I guess you are mainly considering petrol racing engines?