View Single Post
Old 23 May 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2884510)   #8
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Not convinced by that article at all. Basically because I am not convinced that the level of advantage seen by RB can be explained by a slightly better blown diffuser.

The article states they maintain 95-100% of the exhaust gas whilst off throttle. That seems a monstrously high figure, implying that the engine is still running (almost) flat out even when the throttle is released - I cannot see how they get that volume of gas out without some big bangs going on.

The difference between the oppositions 70-80% to RB's 95-100 is also not that great. It may be 15-20%, but that is on a aero device that only supplies some of the downforce on the car - I dont have an exact figures, but lets say 10%. So 20% of 10% is 0.5% overall. Now, that's not available throughout the whole lap - only when off throttle. Say 25% of the lap, so we now have a 0.5% advantage for only 25% of the lap, so overall, 0.125% overall advantage.

The RB shows more than that in qualifying.

Something else is going on.
Simple, in that case they must be cheating...