View Single Post
Old 10 May 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3072418)   #1289
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
AFAIK, octane ratings are calculated differently in the USA than down under. But don't quote me on it.

Political correctness and conformity is starting to overtake the world and it's spread itself into motor racing. Competition is now bad because we might hurt someones feelings or offend. And as a result motor racing worldwide in some spots is getting stale and boring by forcing everyone to use the same exact thing.

And to me that just goes against what motor racing was always about and what it should be about. Motor racing is about competition and winning. And if you are not winning, finding solutions to win.

People rant about the costs for such competition in cars and parts, but the reality is everywhere in the world where one make and control parts have been used, costs have gone through the roof, because you end up having to purchase one part from one supplier at a huge mark up, rather than buying from a competitor(competition in prices keeps costs lower) or engineering your own solution.
One of your better posts Mountainstar, I think that you are hitting a few nails on the head here.