View Single Post
Old 4 May 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3638461)   #10364
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
In that spirit introducing any dead weight ballast for petrol is a complete no-go, because it hurts the direction the rules are going.
It's a question of perspective.

I do maintain - and that's just my personal opinion and belief - that it makes more sense to compensate for the diesel engine overweight by imposing a mandatory ballast, rather than artificially compensating this overweight by allowing a more favorable fuel energy allocation to diesel cars, which is the purpose/function of the current KTF.

I find it actually strange that the current rules try to compensate a weight handicap via a more favorable fuel energy allocation. THIS hurts the direction the rules are supposed to go IMHO, because the whole message is improving fuel efficiency, and the KTF fundamentally goes against this message.

Compensating overweight via ballast is far more straightforward, simple and transparent, isn't it ? The KTF actually creates an unnecessary dependence between two elements that are fundamentally unrelated by essence: overweight and fuel energy allocation. There is no connection, so why bother creating one ?

I know that I won't convince you, but you have to admit that there is not only one solution available to the rule-makers when it comes to compensating the overweight of the diesel engine.