Thread: Shelsley Walsh
View Single Post
Old 15 May 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1611057)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aw, thanks. It was a challenging morning for everyone in the Esses, and we had an interesting cocktail of fluids to clean up. The guys and gals did a superb job in getting the track driveable in fairly short order considering. Excellent work too in getting every fire bottle on post to the Alfa as it was leaking fuel long before the driver evacuated, and then great to see teamwork in action righting and recovering it too. I'm very proud of them all.

Finish paddock had their own excitement on Saturday when the Jenson fractured a fuel line under the bonnet and was extinguished perfectly fashion by a marshal with comparatively litle experience. Well done Martin.

So to my confession and apology (because someone's bound to mention it if I dont'!) I took Jan down to the quagmire of a car park when she came off post to rest her ankle after lunch, and then parked up at Triangle ready to take marshals back to post. The mud on the tyres dried a little, and as I set off there was this interesting noise. Only as we reached Crossing did we realize the mud was being laid up the track... So to everyone between Triangle and the entrance to Crossing, very sorry you had to clean that up. It wouldn't be a proper season if one of us didn't do something notable with a course vehicle at some point!