View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3043920)   #1098
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Not that bloody amatuer !!!

Farnbacher is no amatuer , and I would expect better from him . Interested in hearing what he has to say about it .
And Bruni is a former F1 driver, doesn't change the rank amateur driving I saw yesterday.

People love to slag on Grand Am as orienting itself towards "gentleman" racers, but the driving skills and level of racecraft they display is light years ahead of the nonsense I've seen in the ALMS/ILMC/WEC the past 2 years or so. I'm not even talking about the bonehead "zero percent" pass attempts and such, just the overall lack of awareness and positioning on the drivers is amazing. The pace and technique of the GTC and PC guys would put them mid pack in your average BMWCCA or NASA club race, having them on track with LMP1 cars, with frankly, questionable drivers in their own right is insane.

As bad as those guys are, the GT-AM class is a sight to behold. I don't think I've ever seen a more dangerous group of clueless jackwagons out there. Seriously, when Tracy Krohn is an example of one of the *better* drivers in that class, you have a fundamental problem.

I'm not sure if it's the evolution of the current GT cars to where visibility is practically nonexistant and everyone relies on a myopic video camera as opposed to mirrors and spatial awareness, or just the state of the current level of driving talent, but it is really amazing to watch the absolute bonehead moves out there in traffic.