View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3181199)   #48
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Peter, I'm with you but playing the devils advocate here! I stand to be corrected on this but from memory there are already a few touring cars running in CER, so maybe to make it easier for them? The regs state- "cars corresponding to those which competed in the major world championship endurance races between 1966 & 1979: Le Mans, Sebring, Daytona, Brands Hatch, 1000 km of Monza, Spa, Nürburgring, Silverstone".

The specific classes mentioned are "GT and Touring Cars and Prototypes". Out of step with others, but in step for them, perhaps?

HMRN advertised a one off endurance race at Monza CI event this year for their prototype cars and invited early Gp2 cars as well. From memory tyres were to be treaded, but that would be more correct for late 60s.

Just read the CER regs a bit further and slicks are allowed on 1975 to 1979 cars!

If slicks are allowed for `75 on cars in CER would it not make sense to keep cars pre`71 (the most recent FIA period change..) on treaded tyres. Allow post `71 to use slicks as in period ? This would be the most sensible option I think?
Alex