Old 19 Jul 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1967328)   #64
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Murray
Possibly Peter although I heard on the grapevine that the organiser (can't remember who it was) didn't want to organise another meeting as it was too much hassle but could be wrong.
I still think there's scope for a couple more single seater races being incoorporated into the 6hours event like there used to be, and not to the detriment of the closed wheel drivers as there's plenty of races for those cars as previoulsy mentioned.
I think the HSCC race(s) next year will be for single seaters again. It was always for single seaters up until 2006 when the closed cars were given a chance. It's closed cars again this year but I believe will alternate with single seaters thereafter. I think this is fair to cover all the HSCC categories.

By the way, I did a track day at Spa in early June, the first eveny, I believe, on the new circuit. The new chicane is a lot tighter than the old bus-stop with the first right hander turning more than 90 degrees with adverse camber at the turn-in, then an adverse camber tight left on to the pit straight. Interestingly, the pit road entrance is between the right and left turns! I think lap times will be up a couple of seconds.
Peter

Last edited by John Turner; 19 Jul 2007 at 16:26.