View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3713746)   #8577
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Agreed, though I'd rather have them standardize the pointless money-pits like aerodynamics, where there really is no transfer to the real world.

Just spit-balling here, but maybe a form of DPi+ would work? Customer chassis (with or without styling cues) and a free power train with one hybrid system. Ideally, I'd also fix a price at which power trains and tech-support must be made available to privateers, but somehow I don't think that's very realistic.
I think we only need to go back to what worked just a few years ago.

I remember Peugeot during the Diesel years having quite a small budget for aero development that always caused them to postpone a big update to the original 908, design changes that ended up being the second car four years after the program launch. Which still was remarkably similar to the initial concept.

Even though Audi and Peugeot raced as hard as possible, it just never escalated like it has now, and we need to go back to that. There can be free development among manufacturers with non-spec chassis if the rules are right. It's not like this has never worked in the past.