Thread: Beijing thread
View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1763267)   #42
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How annoying that in an A1GP press release they have credited the FASC for solving the layout problems. The event is a farce and that FASC are clueless!

Problems I faced/was told about at the track today:

1. No idea how to get to the grandstand as no signage, so had to walk around half the circuit to find the overpass.
2. No shelter, food or beverage available, and no rubbish bins!
3. Grandstand seating was planks of wood covered in dirt and dust. Was kicked off another grandstand after 30mins because apparently it was not safe, and it was situated in an absurd location anyway (50m back from the track!). Good some good shots from one end of it while I was there at least.
4. No announcements at all about what was going on. I stood around for three hours, when I left at 2.30pm local time people were still waiting and turning up. I even saw two people running to the track because they were scared they were late...
5. Official photographers were complaining because the fencing has no gaps, so no way for them to take images!

A bad joke really but I am not laughing.