View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3321406)   #28
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If you could still test, you could buy a chassis and run back to back tests with your own creation / copy!

I have no objection to customer cars, other than the fact that they will result in only two or three constructors, and that would be a complete disaster! to lose say Lotus, Force India, Williams and Sauber would be terrible!
Why would it? What you have to do is make the Constructors Championship an attractive and profitable proposition. You incentivise building your own car with powerful inducements.

You make it so that if you not a Constructor, it isn't profitable for the medium to long term.

Being a customer team might be for new teams to progressively build infrastructure and gather momentum or old teams that can't cobble together a car for love nor money so they might request a sabbatical from the constructors championship so they can have a respite, compete, not lose their place on the grid and get their act together behind the scenes with a view to reentering the Constructors race with something descent.

If it was done right you could salvage the majority of the constructors, have two or three teams working away with a customer car and even those using hand-me-downs would be developing their own car in the background.